Description: Barracks Patch – School of Artillery (Field Patch)
Comments: Barracks Patch – School of Artillery (Field Patch). Complete with velcro backing.
The School of Artillery conducts individual Artillery, Mortar, and Protected Mobility Vehicle training in order to enable the generation of Army’s foundation war fighting capability.
The School of Artillery is responsible for 79 different courses and is tasked to deliver training to over 2500 personnel each year.
It also serves as the ‘home’ of the Gunner and the centre for Royal Australian Artillery activities and heritage. The School incorporates the RAA Officers’ and Sergeants’ Messes and is the usual location for the banner of Queen Elizabeth II. The School directly supports the Head of Regiment and the Regimental Committee.
The School of Artillery can be traced back to 1885 when it was located at Middle Head in Sydney. Over its many years, the School has been relocated and reorganised a number of times. It has however, remained the centre of excellence for technical and tactical artillery training in Australia.
In 1998 the School of Artillery transitioned to its current home at Bridges Barracks, Puckapunyal and came under command of the Combined Arms Training Centre.