Description: Colour Patch – Headquarters – 24th Australian Infantry Brigade – 1943.
Condition: Very Good
Comments: Colour Patch – Headquarters – 24th Australian Infantry Brigade – 1943.
Reference: KG 825
The 24th Brigade was a brigade-sized infantry unit of the Australian Army. Formed on 1 July 1940 as part of the Second Australian Imperial Force, the unit was raised for service during World War II. Originally formed as part of the 8th Division the brigade was subsequently transferred to the newly created 9th Division in December. The brigade served during the Western Desert campaign, the landing at Lae, the Huon Peninsula campaign and the Labuan landings. It was disbanded in 1946.